What is Williamsburg, VA Known For?
Williamsburg, VA is a quaint town in the heart of Virginia. It’s known for having some of the most beautiful homes and architecture in all of America. The historic district has been designated as a National Historic Landmark District and there are over 1,000 buildings on the list that have been deemed worthy enough to be added to this prestigious designation.
There are also plenty of things to do when looking for fun things in Williamsburg, VA! Visitors can enjoy art galleries, live theater productions, delicious dining options from local chefs, and much more when they visit this charming town with so much history right at their fingertips. This is one place you won’t want to miss out on visiting while traveling through Virginia!
Fun Facts About Our Town
- The town was founded in 1699 and named after King William III (of England).
- The town was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in October of 1966.
- The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is a non-profit organization that preserves historical art and buildings and provides valuable educational programs dedicated to the town’s unique history.
- The College of William and Mary is one of the oldest institutions in the country. This public research university was named after its two founders, King William III and Queen Mary II of England.
- In modern times it is home to over 30 breweries which makes it one of the best places to visit if you love beer!
- One thing that stands out about this city is its historic downtown area which features many shops, galleries, restaurants, and more!
Is Williamsburg, Virginia Worth Visiting?
There’s no shortage of things to do when you visit Williamsburg. With the incredible architecture and historical buildings that have been deemed worthy of being designated as a National Historic Landmark District, Williamsburg offers a unique historical experience that’s hard to find anywhere else. In total there are over 1,000 buildings on the list that can be found in the historic district. This designation comes with a prestigious title and also the honor of being preserved by the National Park Service.
Our town also offers nice shopping boutiques as well as local art galleries, a number of fantastic restaurants, and live theater productions! Why not make this your next family vacation spot?
What is the Best Time to Visit Williamsburg?
The best time to visit is anytime between late May and early September when the weather is warm and the town comes alive.
Visit Our Town!
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing spot with the family or a fun-filled town to shop, visit an amusement park, or grab delicious meals, Williamsburg is the place to be. The historic district is filled with many different attractions and things to do that will make your vacation come alive!
Looking for a place to take the family this weekend. We have the best idea. Find out here!
Looking to make your home look brand new again? Pressure washing can do just that!