The Williamsburg VA Farmers Market is just one of the many reasons to visit Virginia this fall and winter season. The market opens every Saturday morning at 8 am. The VA farmers market has everything you need for your weekend – fresh produce, meats, great wine, pasta, breads and baked goods! It’s also a great place to meet new people in town or catch up with old friends. You can even catch some live music from one of your local bands! What are you waiting for? Come on down this Saturday!
Things to Do in Williamsburg VA
The Williamsburg Virginia Farmers Market is a great place to go for fresh produce, flowers, and artisan products. Learn about the origin of farmer markets and how you can take part in this wonderful tradition! Farmers markets are a staple of American culture. Learn about the history of farmer markets – how they started, what “seasonal” means, and some tips for visiting!
More About Farmers Markets
Farmers markets have been around for a long time, but they’re more popular than ever. Learn about the history of farmers markets!
The first farmers market in the US was established in 1776, when Philadelphia opened its doors to one. Now there are over 6000 across America! Farmers markets have become a great way for people to connect with their local farms and get fresh produce every week. In fact, more than 50% of Americans shop at them regularly. There’s an estimated $14 billion spent on farmers market produce each year.
Today, there are many reasons to visit a local farmer’s market.
- They offer fresh food options for those who don’t have transportation or time to go grocery shopping at large supermarkets. Many people rely solely on the fruits and vegetables they purchase from their weekly trip to the farmers market.
- Farmer’s markets are a great way to support your local economy and farmers. Many of the farms that sell produce at a farmer’s market use sustainable practices, which means they will continue farming for many years!
- Farmers markets offer fresh meat options such as beef, chicken, lamb and more. They also often have dairy products like yogurt, cheeses and milk.
- Many people visit the farmers market for fresh breads and baked goods such as cupcakes, muffins and even kombucha! There are also booths that sell handmade soaps and candles using natural ingredients. Purchasing from a local company or farmer is another way to support your community while enjoying healthy and natural products.
- And of course, farmers markets often have fruit stands! The produce they sell includes fruits like apples, oranges and bananas as well as berries such as blueberries and blackberries.
Luckily, it’s easy to find a farmer’s market near you! Come to your local market in Williamsburg VA. Just take exit 238 to Francis Street Parking Lot! Parking is easy and free! Come and support local businesses all the while having fun!
Seeing this old school type market might get you thinking: what is Williamsburg VA known for? Find out once and for all!
Gutter cleaning is a tough job, but someone’s got to do it. Why not leave it to LBL Softwash!